Monday, January 25, 2010

Journey

I have recently completed the journey of becoming an author. Eight years ago, on my honeymoon, my husband and I discussed the idea of what all these years later became my book. What took so long?
Life happened. In the intervening years, I completed my Master's degree, had two children, and worked a full time job. That does not leave a lot of time for writing, yet I'm finding the second time around to be a little easier. I have a start on my second novel and a good idea as to where I want to go with it.
Technically, I finished writing the story last year, but then I got pregnant with my second child and all thought for publication was put on hold.
I am now so excited and can't wait to hold my book in my hands. I know that will make it feel real.

No comments:

Post a Comment