Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Working Mamas

So I tend to get jealous of stay at home moms because I would love to be able to stay at home and spend every waking moment with my kids, but I think there are some real benefits to being a working mama too.

For example, each time I come home at the end of my workday, my three year old sings out, "Mama's home," and my 7mo. old smiles so big it lights up her whole face. Rather than letting that depress me, I think, they appreciate me more when I am home since I can't always be. There is a part of me that wishes I could take my kids to playdates and that my little guy would have more "friends" than just his cousins which would be true if we could attend more daytime stuff, but I realize that the socialization will come. He'll start preschool next year and be in kindergarten the year after and it all just goes so fast.

So don't fret other working mama's, the quality of the time you spend with your kids is way more important than the amount of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment