Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Frustrated

So I've been in between "traditional" authors and "self-published" authors all day and it's very interesting to see the amount of negativity toward self publication from the traditionalists.

In my opinion, if I wrote something that I believe is quality enough to be read and received well by the public, I should be able to put it out there. Thanks to companies like Createspace, that day is finally here. Every person should be able to be proud of their craft and if what they put out there is not received well, so be it. That's the chance that every author takes, agented and with a publisher or not. Landing an agent and getting into a publishing house gives you a better chance of being more widely received by the reading public, but it is by no means the ONLY WAY!

I was told, more or less, that it is and that since I've chosen to believe in myself and put my own work out there, my work must be of poor quality. Ha! I've written and edited the work myself. I have labored over this novel and will I have made some mistakes? Possibly, but that is also how I will learn and improve my craft. So I just wanted to get this off of my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment