Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Weekly Working Mama

For those of us that work through a lot of our babies "firsts" please know that the first time they do something and the first time you witness it are incredibly different things.
Babies all progress at their own rate and there are always things that we can't wait to see our little ones do. For me, it's crawling. My son didn't crawl and though there's nothing wrong with skipping that particular milestone, I'm still excited to see my daughter crawl.

The other day I said to my husband, "look she's up on all fours" in excitement because I know that means that she'll be crawling soon and his response, "oh, she's been doing that for a while." Sometimes I wish he'd keep that particular thing to himself, but still, I know it's just as special to me the first time I witness her do something new, even if someone else saw it first.

A good way to go about this is to ask your care provider not to tell you if your LO does something for the first time. It's inevitable that there will be something they do for the first time that you won't see, but if you don't know about it, you're none the wiser. Or, like me, accept that you're not going to see everything for the first time and be happy that they are making these progressions. It's special every time they do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment